Summer Chicken Sauté
This recipe showcases fresh summer produce! It is also a great way to eat low carb without feeling deprived. Summer chicken sauté is an easy (and healthy!) recipe that will quickly become your weeknight favorite.
- 1½ pounds thinly sliced chicken breast (or you can pound it thin yourself!
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons prepared pesto
- 1 Tablespoon + 1–2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 medium-sized zucchinis, sliced into half moons
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- salt & pepper
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat and season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add 1 Tablespoon olive oil and when oil is hot, add chicken to pan.
- Cook chicken for about 3-4 minutes per side, until cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking, mix together yogurt and pesto. Set aside.
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside. Add another teaspoon of olive oil to pan if it’s dry.
- Add garlic to pan and cook for 1 minute.
- Add zucchini and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and corn and cook for about 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally and until vegetables are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide yogurt mixture onto 4 plates and slightly spread yogurt over plate.
- Top with chicken and ¼ of the vegetable mix.
- Sugar:11 grams
- Sodium:735 milligrams
- Fat:13 grams
- Saturated Fat:1 gram
- Unsaturated Fat:3 grams
- Trans Fat:0 grams
- Carbohydrates:21 grams
- Fiber: 4 grams
- Protein: 42 grams
- Cholesterol: 85 milligrams
Text By Thomas Cox and Martha Kendall Custard
- Thomas Cox