- 1 cup Vegan Tofu Ricotta* or store-bought vegan ricotta
FOR THE BROCCOLI PESTO
- 1.5 cups Roasted Broccoli
- 1 cup basil
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
FOR THE PASTA
- 3/4 lb spaghetti
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 shallot diced
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- basil, parsley, vegan parmesan
- Prepare the Vegan Tofu Ricotta according to the instructions and place in the fridge until ready to use.
- Prepare the pesto by combining all of the ingredients in a food processor and blending until combined, scrapping down the sides as needed. It is ok if the pesto is on the chunky side. Taste and adjust as needed. Place in a bowl until ready to use.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package instructions, being sure to reserve 1 cup of pasta water before draining.
- While pasta is cooking, heat vegan butter and olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add shallot, lemon zest & lemon juice and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add the cooked pasta to the pan with the pesto and a 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Toss to combine, adding additional pasta water as needed. Once everything is heated through and sauce comes together remove from the heat.
- To serve, spread 1/4 cup of ricotta onto each plate (or bowl) and top with pasta. Add any additional toppings and eat!