Who knew that pizza, already a delicious comfort food, could get even better?
We wanted to share how to combine the comforting, home-style taste of barbecue and smoked brisket with the traditional pizza style, with a delectable crust stuffed with flavor, for a meal so irresistible, you’ll want to make it all the time!
Not only does making this recipe guarantee a night of effortless dinner success, but creating this recipe is so easy, it can be done in 10 steps or less! Really, all you will need to do for this hassle-free meal is throw the ingredients together into the oven and enjoy the sweet aromas of baked and bubbled barbecue sauce matched with savory bites of pulled pork and smoked brisket, layered with crispy pizza dough! But just to make sure it doesn’t come out a casserole instead of pizza, let’s go over those recipe instructions!
Deciding on the Dough.
This recipe calls for pre-made pizza dough, which can be a bit of an obstacle for anyone looking to save time. Luckily, you don’t have to dedicate your own time and resources to crafting the perfect pizza dough and giving it plenty of time to rest before cooking! Publix offers pre-prepared dough for occasions just as this! But for those that enjoy taking the time to hand-make their pizza dough to achieve that perfect balance of crispy and fluffy, there are plenty of recipes to go off of. We’d recommend this recipe for quick and easy pizza dough by AllRecipes.com, where you don’t even need to wait for it to rise, so you get to have the great taste of homemade pizza without the time commitment! It only takes about 15-20 minutes to prepare, but we would recommend doubling the original recipe (which we’ve done for you below) since you’ll need twice as much dough for this Stuffed-Crust Barbecue Pizza. All you’ll need to prepare the dough is:
- 2 packets of active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons of white sugar
- 2 cups of war water
- 5 cups of bread flour
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of salt.
You’ll want to begin making the dough by dissolving the yeast and sugar in warm water and letting the mixture stand for about 10 minutes or until creamy.
Then, you’ll need to stir in the flour, salt, and oil and let the new mixture rest for an additional 5 minutes. At this point, the dough will have started forming.
All you’ll need to do from here is turn out the dough onto a floured surface and roll out once you are ready to begin making your pizza! Otherwise, you can simply form the dough into balls by rolling on the lightly floured surface and place into your fridge until you are ready to begin making your Stuffed Barbecue Pizza!
Here’s what you knead-to-know about making this perfect pizza dish!
You can save yourself some time and energy by getting a few things in advance, like the dough or pulled pork, so if you want to make this recipe even more simply, make sure to check out our suggestions below!
Prep Time: 22 minutes
Cook Time: 33 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Yield: 3-4 servings
- 2 lbs pizza dough (pre-made dough balls)
- 16 ounces barbecue sauce of choice
- 2 cups pulled pork (see suggestion below)
- 2 cups Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
- 1 cup barbecued brisket, chopped
- ½ cup sausage, smoked and chopped
- ½ medium red onion, sliced into thin rings
- After gathering all the ingredients, preheat oven to 350 F.
- Take one of the dough balls and roll to form a 14-inch round, place onto a pizza pan or stone, and place into oven to bake for 5-6 minutes.
- In the meantime, repeat to the other dough ball. Once it is rolled out, set the uncooked dough aside and remove the partially cooked pizza dough from the oven.
- Prepare the pulled pork by warming it slightly (do not make it hot) and mix with ½ cup of barbecue sauce. If the meat is seemingly dry, add another ¼ cup of sauce.
- Spread the barbecue-pork mixture onto the partially cooked pizza dough in an even layer
- Coat the roll of uncooked pizza dough on top of the pork and partially-cooked pizza and tuck the excess edges underneath the bottom dough, seal the edges by gently pressing.
- Cook for another 5-6 minutes.
- Remove from oven and coat the top with 1 cup of barbecue sauce, chopped brisket, chopped sausage, onion, and cheese. Brush the edges with olive oil and place into oven for another 20 minutes.
- Once the crust appears golden brown, remove from oven and let cool.
- Slice pizza and enjoy!
Want to make this recipe even EASIER?
Mealfit offers the perfect solution for people on the go with our pre-made meal options. We offer individual meals, weekly specials, and meals by the pound for those that like to prep their meals throughout the week. By having Mealfit prepare ingredients and meals for you, you can spend less time worrying about cooking, and more time to dedicate to family, friends, your own special interests, and even working! Mealfit’s Smoked Boston Butt is the perfect way to make this recipe not only easier, but even more delicious as well! Save yourself the time of preparing the pulled pork and let us do it for you! We put a lot of dedication into making delicious food, and this Smoked Boston Butt is no exception.
“Cooked to perfection and seasoned with our handmade Mealfit Rub we make right here in Birmingham, our butts are individually vacuum packed to preserve that "right off the pit" freshness. You get 4-6 pounds (average weight) of smoked, slow cooked, Boston butt, ready-to-eat! We smoke only fresh butts for up to 13 hours using real wild cherry wood. Our Mealfit BUTT RUB gives our Boston butts an authentic taste you'll love.”
We hope you enjoy this delicious and simple 10- Step Stuffed-Crust Barbecue Pizza recipe. If you tried it, make sure to let us know! For more recipes, follow us on social media and make sure to check out our weekly blog posts where we share our new favorite recipes and must-know facts about food and living a healthy lifestyle! Check out the other meal options Mealfit provides such as our Weekly Specials, Individual Meals, and other Meals by the Pound.