Is your meal plan feeling a bit bland?
Spice things up with this quick and easy recipe!
Weeknight dinner can be such a hassle, especially if you’re cooking for more than one. It takes a lot of time out of your day to get all the ingredients together and cook a meal for everyone in your home to enjoy, and oftentimes, you don’t get much appreciation for all that hard work. What if there was a way to grab everyone’s attention with an irresistible meal and save you time and energy for other things? With Mealfit, there is! We know how inconvenient cooking and meal planning can be, and how a healthy diet can be really hard to manage, especially for anyone that lives a busy life. That’s why we share specially selected recipes and meal options, so that you can cut down the time you’re spending in the kitchen and use it for other things, without sacrificing health or delicious food! This week, we’ve found a recipe that takes little effort and is perfect for the whole family to enjoy!
Image by Dinner at the Zoo
Green Chile Enchiladas
This recipe is just as delicious as it is easy! It features the mild heat of green chiles alongside garlic, a plethora of cheese, and more! It is perfect for any weeknight and feeds up to 6, making it ideal for family dinner! Here’s what you need:
Image and recipe originally by Dinner at the Zoo
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 4 cups shredded chicken, cooked
- 4 ounces diced green chiles, (1 can) drained
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 3 cups shredded Monterey-Jack cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 14 corn tortillas
- 10 ounces mild green enchilada sauce (2 cans)
- 1 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Get things ready by preparing shredded chicken (see below for more information). Also preheat the oven to 375º F and coat a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine cheeses, in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the cooked shredded chicken, ½ of the cheese mixture, green chiles, garlic powder, cumin, onion powder, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place tortillas in a stack on a plate and wrap with a damp paper towel. Place in the microwave for 1 minute or until the tortillas are warmed.
- Once warmed, spread tortillas on a flat surface in a single and begin filling. Place 2 teaspoons of sour cream down the center of the tortilla and add ⅓ cup of the chicken mixture. Roll each tortilla tightly and place seam down in the baking dish. Repeat until all tortillas are filed and rolled.
- Pour the enchilada sauce over the top of the pan and then sprinkle the remaining cheese over the tortillas.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Garnish with fresh cilantro and diced tomatoes if you’d like, enjoy!
Make this even easier with Mealfit!
At Mealfit, we strive to make eating easier. One of the ways we have found to make that happen is by offering pre-prepared ingredients to make meal-prepping and cooking happen in half the time! With our selection of Meals by the Pound ingredients, you’re sure to find something that satisfies your taste buds while cutting your prep time in half! For this recipe, our Shredded Chicken is the perfect choice! This tender, juicy, and flavorful chicken will not only make this recipe a breeze, but it will also bring a ton of flavor to the table!
“Slow Roasted all white meat chicken breast, hand pulled and seasoned to perfection. This is great as a protein by itself, or wonderful in soups, stews, casseroles, or tacos.”
Let yourself actually enjoy your dinner by making this recipe that saves you time and energy!
We hope you enjoy this article for Easy Homemade Chicken & Green Chile Enchiladas. If you tried incorporating these things into your regular routine, make sure to let us know! For more recipes, follow us on social media and make sure to check out our weekly blog posts where we share our new favorite recipes and must-know facts about food and living a healthy lifestyle! Check out the other meal options Mealfit provides such as our Weekly Specials, Individual Meals, and other Meals by the Pound.