Image by That Low Carb Life
Dinner just got a million times better!
No need to order out when you can have a 5-star meal in the comfort of your own home!
Tough week? We hear you. Sometimes, spending hours upon hours in the kitchen after a long day of work doesn’t sound like an ideal evening in any way. And then there’s the trouble of ordering out. Sure, you don’t have to make the food, but you’re still spending money, waiting forever, and there’s no guarantee the food that arrives will be correct or even warm by the time it makes it to your table! Now it’s feeling like there’s just no way to win, but lucky for you, we’ve got the perfect solution!
Here at Mealfit, we love making eating easier for everyone! Maybe you live a really busy life and hardly have time to plan and prepare meals consistently, so you find yourself all too often in the drive thru line of a fast-food joint. Or maybe you don’t know the first thing about nutrition and planning your meals isn’t keeping you as healthy as you’d like. Whatever your circumstance may be, Mealfit has something just for you! Not only do we provide pre-made meals on-the-go, but we also have a wide selection of pre-made ingredients to make meal-prepping a breeze! We also search for delicious, healthy meals to share that can be made at home so that every base is covered!
Image and recipe originally by That Low Carb Life
Gluten-Free Spaghetti Squash Dinner
This week we are featuring this gluten-free, mouthwatering recipe that’s sure to win you over instantly! This recipe perfectly blends the flavors of spaghetti squash, tangy marinara, and creamy mozzarella in a crispy-baked dinner delight! It takes a bit to cook, but you can easily use that time to read a few pages of your favorite book or catch up on that show everyone has been talking about! Be sure to check your ingredients to make sure there are no additives containing gluten hidden in the label!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour and 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 40 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 spaghetti squash (2-3 pounds)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground beef
- 24 ounces marinara, store bought or homemade
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half length-wise, scoop out the seeds, and discard. Drizzle the inside of the squash with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Place spaghetti squash flesh side down on the baking sheet and bake for 1 hour or until tender enough to be pierced with a fork.
- Meanwhile, brown the ground beef over medium heat in a large skillet and drain excess grease.
- Add marinara sauce to the skillet and cook for another 5 minutes over low heat. Once finished, set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, and parsley. Stir until mixed well and set aside.
- Prepare a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Once the squash is cooked, pull out of the oven and let cool for a few minutes. Use a fork to scrape out long strands of squash, scraping across the width of the squash, and place half of the strands in the baking dish.
- Place a layer of half of the meat sauce over the squash and top with half of the cheese mixture. Repeat all three layers until there are no more remaining ingredients, making sure to finish with a sprinkle of marinara.
- Lower the oven to 350 degrees and bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Garnish with fresh parsley, serve, and enjoy!
Image by That Low Carb Life
This recipe is a great alternative to traditional spaghetti and is a gluten-free masterpiece! Try it out today and fall in love with everything this medley of flavors has to offer!
We hope you enjoy this article for Gluten-Free Million Dollar Spaghetti Squash Dinner. If you tried incorporating these things into your regular routine, make sure to let us know! For more recipes, follow us on social media and make sure to check out our weekly blog posts where we share our new favorite recipes and must-know facts about food and living a healthy lifestyle! Check out the other meal options Mealfit provides such as our Weekly Specials, Individual Meals, and other Meals by the Pound.