Summer is the perfect time to explore bold flavors and add some spice to your diet.
Turn up the heat with these spicy-sweet summertime tacos!
This recipe features a divine and exciting medley of flavors that are perfect for those bright and sunny summer days. Whether you’re enjoying the season by a refreshing lake, strolling at a local park, or just taking your lunch break in the fresh air, an easy and delicious meal like this one is the best way to appreciate all of the flavors summer has to offer! It’s a fairly simple recipe that leaves you with a mouthwatering meal, plus, we’ve got a tip to make this recipe even more effortless, so make sure to keep reading!
Image by Will Cook for Smiles
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 6-8 tacos
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 3 Tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Salt to taste
- 6-8 taco shells
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1-2 cups mixed greens
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon cilantro, finely minced
- 2 teaspoon lime juice
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tablespoon Sriracha and ½ Tablespoon honey for garnish (optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine Sriracha, honey, salt, and lime juice. Completely cover bowl chicken breasts in the marinade and let sit in the mixture for 15 minutes (or longer, based on preference) in the fridge.
- Prepare the chicken on stovetop via skillet or on the grill, making sure it is cooked thoroughly. Once cooked, use forks to shred for easy handling.
- Add the shredded chicken to each taco shell and top with diced avocado, mixed greens, and green onions.
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients for the sauce and mix well and top each taco with the sour cream sauce.
- (Optional) combine 1 Tablespoon of Sriracha and ½ Tablespoon of honey in a small or medium ziplock bag. Trim off a corner so that the sauce can be drizzled onto the tacos mess-free.
- Serve and enjoy!
Make this recipe even easier with Mealfit!
Mealfit offers a number of options to make eating easier for everyone. One of these delicious and simple options is our Meals by the Pound selection! We hand-prepare all of our ingredients so that you can use them to speed up your meal-prepping every day! For this recipe, we recommend our delectable Shredded Chicken!
“Slow Roasted all white meat chicken breast, hand pulled and seasoned to perfection. This is great as a protein by itself, or wonderful in soups, stews, casseroles, or tacos.”
If you’re looking for an exciting meal option featuring a myriad of spicy, sweet, and savory flavors, this recipe is perfect for you! Celebrate all the flavors summer has to offer and share it with friends and family this season!
We hope you enjoy this article about Sweet & Spicy Sriracha Chicken Tacos. If you tried incorporating these things into your regular routine, make sure to let us know! For more recipes, follow us on social media and make sure to check out our weekly blog posts where we share our new favorite recipes and must-know facts about food and living a healthy lifestyle! Check out the other meal options Mealfit provides such as our Weekly Specials, Individual Meals, and other Meals by the Pound.